This is NOT my original creation. But I loved this! Read on….
You are what you eat -and what you don’t eat. Similarly, life depends on what you keep and what you don’t keep. There are many things in life that people may keep, but only a few are truly worth keeping. Here is a list of what to keep (and how) for a brighter, happier and more fulfilling life.
1) Keep calm. Life can be unnerving and if you don’t make an effort to keep collected and focused, you could easily lose your cool. Take regular, conscious deep breaths to calm and center yourself.
2) Keep your chin up. Not only is it good for your posture and diminishes your double chin, it also helps you maintain an “I can handle it” attitude. By keeping your chin up, you can keep your head above water.
3) Keep your spirits high. Always maintain a positive and joyful attitude. Remember that no one can perk you up like yourself. Keep your spirits high when the going gets rough by focusing on your dreams and counting your blessings.
4) Keep your word. The true measure of a man is if he keeps his word. Honorable and trustworthy is the man who stands by what he says and promises. It is important to think well before speaking because once a word is uttered and released into the universe, its vibrations could no longer be erased.
5) Keep in time with your inner drummer. Don’t be swayed by others into following the confusing beat of their drums. Although it is sometimes necessary to adjust to the pace of others, it is best to keep in step with your personal rhythm and to dance to your own music.
6) Keep in touch with the child in you. The source of creativity in your life is that little child within you. He questions, he marvels, he imagines and invents. Stay in touch with him, and be young and creative for life!
7) Keep abreast of the times. The world is moving so fast. Know what’s happening, what’s in style, what’s au courant, what’s relevant, what’s important. Learn the hottest trends and the latest in technology. Don’t be caught in a time warp or you’ll be left behind.
8) Keep in shape. Your shape shows your state of health. Your body is the vessel that you journey through life in. Keep it healthy and strong. Don’t be one of those people who say, “I’m in shape; round is a shape!”
9) Keep your mouth shut. People talk too much. We language ourselves to our own destruction and defeat. Know when to talk and when to shut up. Avoid being too verbose. Oftentimes, silence speaks more eloquently than words.
10) Keep good friends. Good friends are hard to find. Nurture friendships that make your plight through life easier, more wonderful and meaningful. Truly poor is the man who has no good friends.
11) Keep great memories, not heavy objects. In the very end, good memories of life are what we will be left with, not jewels and riches that we can’t bring when we finally go. Live each moment beautifully. Linked together, these magical moments create a magnificent life.
12) Keep a diary. Writing a journal is therapeutic. Record the important events in your life, your dreams and aspirations, even your failures and disappointments. When you trace back events in your life, you are bound to learn lessons from them as well as find great inspiration and strength.
13) Keep saying grace and thanks. Blessed is he who says grace before he eats and gives thanks for all the gifts he receives daily. Maintain a thankful attitude and focus on your blessings instead of disappointments.
14) Keep on moving forward. The universe moves forward in time. Don’t get stuck in yesterday; make an effort to move ahead to a better life. Drop those unnecessary pieces of material and emotional baggage that weigh you down and keep you from flying to your loftiest dreams.
15) Keep out of danger. He who exposes himself to danger finds it. Don’t court danger; avoid it. As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Look out for number one (that’s you!), and always stay safe and sound.
16) Keep up the good work. Success is built upon success. The more you do, the more you achieve; the more you achieve, the better you get at doing it. Make success a habit by keeping up the good work.
17) Keep young. Do everything in your power to stay strong, supple and youthful. Think young; feel young. A wise man once said “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” Remember that age is a number and that youth is an attitude.
18) Keep on dancing. Life is a dance through space and time. Embellish whatever music life plays for you with your own fresh orchestration and creative choreography. Be excited in your heart and keep your feet light with happiness.
19) Keep on loving. Love is the reason we were created. Love diminishes when hoarded but multiplies when shared. Give it and feel it overflow in your heart. Love cures all sadness, pain and sorrow. Lonely is he who does not give love away and therefore gets none in return.
20) Keep on dreaming. Most men, even if they are young, are dead – that is, if they can no longer dream. Our dreams are what keep us young and alive; they give us that sparkle in our eyes. Our dreams keep us going even while everything around us says, “Stop.”
21) Keep on hoping. Never lose hope. Tomorrow will be another day that will bring new hope and greater blessings. Keep faith in the abundance of the universe and the mystery and perfection of life. Hope for nothing but the best and that’s what you will be granted.
22) Keep on believing. Belief is the mother of reality. What you believe becomes your truth. Believe in yourself, believe in the magic of the universe, believe in the power of your dreams. And most of all, believe you can do it, so you can have all your heart’s desires!
These You Must Not Keep
1) Don’t keep up with the Joneses. Just because your neighbor bought a red Ferrari, you, too, must get one. Don’t join the bandwagon and keep away from the “herd mentality.” Too much unhappiness in this world is caused by comparisons – comparing yourself and trying to measure up to other people. There is really no need to live up to others’ expectations if it would just bring you inconvenience and misery.
2) Don’t keep issues and grudges. The reason most of us stay miserable is because we keep issues, grudges, and problems. Detox yourself of complaints and issues that keep you from being the best that you could be. Try to solve all problems that beset you; never leave anything unresolved. The questions and puzzles of life are what make it challenging and exciting.
3) Don’t keep resentments and memories of painful experiences. Life is not a bed of roses so you must learn to let go of negative feelings and memories of painful experiences. It’s hard to go on living with a heavy heart. Pardon, forgive, forget if you can, and move on.